Interview: The Walking Method

Relatively new to the scene, The Walking Method are a three-piece indie-rock band. Already with two singles Ghosts and Rusty Hook up their sleeves, the Londoners are in the process of developing their own unique sound. I caught up with them for a quick Q&A.

How has 2014 been for you all so far?

Will: 2014 has been pretty good actually; things have begun to pick up the pace pretty well with lots of new fans and we've got a good batch of new songs in the works.
©The Walking Method

What made you want to start playing music?

For me personally it was because I was a big music fan when I was young and when my Dad bought me my first guitar it was my favourite thing in the world. I loved being able to play along to songs by my favourite bands especially 'American Idiot' by Green Day, which was also the first album I remember hearing in full.

Who would you say your main influences are?

Our main influences would have to be Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, The Strokes, Oasis and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

How would you describe your style in a few words?

In a few words, our style would be "angsty-anthemic-punky-indie-rock".

Any upcoming bands that you're loving at the moment?

It has to be between Circa Waves, Catfish & the Bottlemen and JAWS.

If you could play a gig with anyone who would it be?

Arctic Monkeys.

Any exciting things lined up for the rest of the year?

Of course! We've got a couple of gigs in the works that we're yet to announce and hopefully an EP too. All very exciting!

The Walking Method's next gig is Friday October 3rd 2014 at The New Windmill Hall in Upminster, London in aid of Oxfam. Tickets are available here.



 

Twitter Updates: White Noise

Meet The Author: Isla